We are open for business as usual and look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.
Travel Advisory: CORONAVIRUS COVID-19
As you may know, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a coronavirus. The virus has been detected in numerous locations internationally, including in the United States.
At Vagabond Cruise the safety, health and wellbeing of our guests and crewmembers is our number one priority.
We are open for business and look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.
There have been no reported cases of the virus in our operations, we are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization’s (WHO) statements regarding the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases and following the guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
The safety and security of our passengers and crew is Vagabond Cruises number one priority. Vagabond Cruise has an unblemished record of passenger safety. We routinely receive an “A” rating from the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SC DHEC) during annual and random health and sanitation inspection. Our vessels are and have always been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected every day of operation. Our crew follows SC DHEC rules for sanitation and food preparation including frequent hand washing, use of disinfectant, and barriers such as gloves.
In response to Covid-19 we have adopted enhanced safety and sanitation procedures to include more frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, handrails, and toilet fixtures with hospital grade disinfectant and the application of disinfectant solutions to vessels using spray and fogging. These same cleaning and sanitation procedures are applied to all our shore side facilities as well. We are also monitoring the health of our crew and passenger service team members. To allow for social distancing we have reduced allowed passenger capacity on all of our vessels.
- As of Thursday, March 12th, 2020 Vagabond Cruise went from a buffet dinner cruise to a plated dinner service. All guests are seated at their own individual table aboard the Dinner Cruise as well, and capacity has been reduced from 120 guests to 46 guests.
- As of Monday, March 16th, 2020 Vagabond Cruise has lowered the maximum capacity to 50 passengers including crew as recommended by the CDC to promote social distancing aboard both the Spirit of Harbour Town and the Vagabond.
Changes to our cancellation policy
To allow our passengers to book with confidence Vagabond Cruise has also adopted new cancellation policies. All cruises may be cancelled twenty-four hours prior to departure. If your cruise is cancelled due to a decision by public health officials you will receive a full refund of your ticket purchase. If you become ill and are unable to cruise with us less than twenty-four hours prior to departure we will, upon verification, refund your ticket purchase.
Protecting yourself from cold, flu, influenza and coronavirus
Some ways to protect yourself include:
- Avoid close contact (such as handshakes, hugs etc) with people, especially those who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care
For more information on protecting yourself from coronavirus, please review the information provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
For more information on facts and figures, you can visit the World Health Organization’s Coronavirus Disease situation reports.